Nintendo Okie Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 108

2 posters

Go down

Episode 108 Empty Episode 108

Post  Tony Miller Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 am

We talked about customizable controls a little bit on the show this week and I just had some more thoughts about the issue that I wanted to talk about. Shelby mentioned something along the lines of people saying that if your game’s controls aren’t mapped like Call of Duty’s are then the game’s a failure and there is some truth to that.

People really like to use what they’re comfortable with and Call of Duty is arguably the biggest, most popular shooter on the market right now. That’s what more people play than anyone. even companies like Gearbox and Randy Pitchford said, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” and they stole the CoD button mapping for Borderlands. So I definitely see the argument for that. No one has really made a better layout for a shooter than Call of Duty at this point.

However, I also see that not every game uses all of the same types of mechanics as Call of Duty and people need to get used to different button layouts for different games. Part of the learning curve for a game is figuring out exactly how to control it and becoming proficient at using those controls. Not every game will work with a set button placement because they have different gameplay mechanics and people who play games need to realize that. Not everything can be made exactly the same. I think if everything was the same you’d get really bored with games a lot quicker than you would otherwise.
Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

http://www.nintendo-okie.com

Back to top Go down

Episode 108 Empty Re: Episode 108

Post  Gil Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:36 pm

True but it can also be frustrating if you are playing multiple different games at the same time. Switching back and forth to different controls each day can be irritating. I guess the obvious solution would be to focus on one game at a time but really, I can't possibly focus on one game at a time when there are so many great ones I need to experience.

Anyway on a different note: Here's some help for the "Get Tony a PS3" topic train.

Awesome PS3 Bundle

click the link. seriously. I dunno how much longer it's gonna be such a steal. Or when they will be sold out.

Cheaper than a PSVita.

***Nevermind - Out of stock now. Go figure***
Gil
Gil
Veteran
Veteran

http://mngilen.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Miller Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:59 pm

That's a really good deal. Too bad I can't get it now. [=^)
Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

http://www.nintendo-okie.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum