Nintendo Okie Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow...Just wow!

Go down

Wow...Just wow! Empty Wow...Just wow!

Post  Tony Miller Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:20 pm

"In an industry that's certainly had its challenges this year, we like to say that the environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry," claims SCEA boss Jack Tretton, while chatting about Skyrocketing PS3 sales. "We have a brand that can play on a worldwide basis, young and old, male and female, where our competition tends to be relegated to either select regions or to select consumer audiences.

"... We don't have unlimited money, we cater to a more mass market audience. I think we're willing to take a little bit more risk than a competitor like Nintendo is and ultimately we deliver to the masses on a worldwide basis and that's what we've done for the last 15 years."

Jack Tretton sure does have a lot to say doesn't he. Especially since their motion controller is an almost direct copy of the Wii Remote. Since when did Sony cater to a mass market audience, and isn't that exactly what Nintendo's doing. I think the Wii Remote was a huge risk that has ultimately paid off for Nintendo.

And if I remember correctly Nintendo is dominating the sales charts in every area of the world right now. I think Mr. Tretton has the subject of his talk all wrong.
Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

http://www.nintendo-okie.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum