Nintendo Okie Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameplay Challenge: JoyJoy (Xbox Live Indie)

Go down

Gameplay Challenge: JoyJoy (Xbox Live Indie) Empty Gameplay Challenge: JoyJoy (Xbox Live Indie)

Post  Tony Miller Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Hey guys. We’ve done a couple gameplay challenges in the past (New Super Mario Bros. Wii) and it’s a series I’d like to keep going. Maybe once a month. This month I want to do another gameplay challenge and show some love to a really good indie developer. So, for anyone with an Xbox 360 check out the game JoyJoy. It’s by developer radiangames and I’ve found their games recently and absolutely love them. All it’s going to cost you is a single dollar. 80 Microsoft points will net you a really awesome game. For anyone that doesn’t know what JoyJoy is it’s a game that’s similar to Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved. Unlike GW, though, you have the ability to switch between a number of different weapons that can be upgraded on the fly during gameplay.

Here’s what you need to do for this month’s gameplay challenge. Buy the game. Then I want to see who can go the furthest using only the starting weapon. You can pick up the upgrades, but don’t switch weapons. All you need to do is take a gameplay video or a screenshot of your screen showing the time you survived after you die. You can upload them to our Facebook Group or in the Forums under the Gameplay Challenge Thread in the General Discussion Section.

The Gameplay challenge is open to anyone in North America with an Xbox 360. The winner will receive a copy of Lara Croft and teh Guardian of Light on Xbox Live Arcade. The contest will run from now until September 31st so get your screenshots or videos submitted to us by then. Winner’s will be announced during episode 40 of the Nintendo Okie Podcast, which will hit iTunes on October 4th.
Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

http://www.nintendo-okie.com

Back to top Go down

Gameplay Challenge: JoyJoy (Xbox Live Indie) Empty Re: Gameplay Challenge: JoyJoy (Xbox Live Indie)

Post  Tony Miller Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:28 am

Here's my gameplay attempt at JoyJoy. I managed to last 3 minutes and 6 seconds. I've gotten an email from the game's developer who says he'll be posting up his attempt at the challenge as well. Can you beat the man who created the game?

Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

http://www.nintendo-okie.com

Back to top Go down