Nintendo Okie Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who are you anyway?

+10
BrandenFrasier
Jon B
Gil
Mr. Shannon
Deity
gamefira_chris
NintenDanny
Colonel1181
Nebula427
Tony Miller
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who are you anyway? Empty Who are you anyway?

Post  Tony Miller Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:54 pm

I guess I'll get this kicked off.

My name is Tony Miller. I am the founder of Nintendo Okie. I've been playing video games since I got my first NES back in 1990. I've been hooked ever since. I've owned a number of systems, but my system of choice has always had the Nintendo label on it.

I started Nintendo Okie as an effort to cover games that I saw interesting and just generally pass on the news that I thought you guys might like. I try to update the site often with interviews and previews of games as well as reviews and editorials. I was a staff member at Nintendojo for about four months before I left to start this site.

I'm currently 29 years old, married with three children. I like reading books, watching wrestling and UFC. My favorite movies are the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Disney's Aladdin (interesting combination, I know).

My email box is always open and you guys are always welcome to contact me at tonymiller@nintendo-okie.com.
Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

http://www.nintendo-okie.com

Back to top Go down

Who are you anyway? Empty Re: Who are you anyway?

Post  Nebula427 Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:20 pm

Hey everybody, this is Shelby here. I show up on the podcast when we have them, write reviews every now and then and write those badly punned articles that show up on the site each Thursday.

I started helping Tony with the site a few weeks ago..... mostly because I was bored. I'm a 26 year old, "single" guy that spends his time playing games and complaining.

Last edited by Nebula427 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Nebula427
Nebula427
Veteran
Veteran

http://nintendo-okie.com/

Back to top Go down

Who are you anyway? Empty Who Am I?

Post  Undies Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Hey everyone. My name's Will Wackerman. I help with the podcast too. Someday I may help with writing stories, if I wasn't so busy all the time.

I like video games, ALOT. I play new games, but I really, really like the old ones. Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, these are the TRUE game systems.

I also like playing guitar, disc golf, bowling, watching movies, making movies, eating pizza, fighting crime, swimming across the Pacific ocean, flying without feathers, punching tire gauges, you know, all the cool stuff to do. Anyway, keep playing Wii and writing in the forums. Cya.

Undies

Back to top Go down

Post  Colonel1 Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Well my name is Justin I am new here to Nintendo okie but have been a okie all my life. I started playing games way back in 1986 on the nes, moved on to the gameboy when my aunt bought me and my brother one in 1989, tetris rocks, then to the snes and other system, to much to really say other then Im a Nintendo guy, always have and always will be.

Colonel1

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Miller Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:51 pm

Welcome to the site Justin. Where in Oklahoma do you live? If you're around Tulsa you should meet up with us at the OVGE in October.
Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Colonel1181 Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Im in Chickasha its about 40 miles from OKC and well I have been to Tulsa a few times and it took about 1 hour and a half to 3 hours depending on what you where in. Would love to go if got the time.

Colonel1181
Game Boy
Game Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebula427 Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Welcome to the forums, dude.
Nebula427
Nebula427
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Who are you anyway? Empty Hello if you are reading this

Post  NintenDanny Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:17 am

Right I am not sure if anyone is gonna bother reading this because the last time anyone posted in it was last year but I'm new and I am going to carry on typing regardless. Right before I offend anyone I'm English and therefore I spell words like colour CORRECTLY! I also call things by their proper name, pavements aren't "side-walks" !!!
But asides from that I have been a Nintendo gamer all my life, they're just better than 360's and PS3's. I am a big fan of Racers and JRPG's that aren't Pokemon. I to this day adore my DS fat and it has been a great companion but 5 generations later, it is gonna take a back seat in my gaming life. I have to wait until July for my 3DS (birthday present because I can't afford one right now) but that's when all the really good games come out anyway.Can't wait for the E3 expo.
The podcast is great to, it's a bit more light hearted than the Gonintendo crew and just slightly better than Infendo, its better than trolling through the internet for news.
Keep up the good work guys.
NintenDanny
NintenDanny
Game Boy
Game Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Colonel1 Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:09 am

welcome to the party.

Colonel1

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Miller Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:54 am

thanks for the kind words Danny. We really appreciate it. Welcome to the site. We'll do our best to make sure things keep getting posted here. We're trying really hard to build a good community of people that just like to talk about games.

Hopefully it will work. We'll see. [=^) I'm usually in here quite often.

We won't hold it against you that you're English. We like British people. [=^) We haven't thrown Gaz out yet even though he spells things funny. [=^)
Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  gamefira_chris Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:14 am

Hi everyone! I'm Chris...I'm a Freelance Graphic/Web Designer and Developer. I've lived here in OK all my life and am currently living back in my hometown of Sallisaw which is just over an hour out of T-Town. I'm a huge game geek, mostly retro but I play the newer systems when they put out something I like...I'm in love with my 3DS! I found you guys on Twitter and started reading your articles and liked what I saw so...here I am!

gamefira_chris
Game Boy
Game Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Miller Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:59 am

Hey Chris.

Welcome to the site. We hope you like what you see.

Send me an email at tonymiller@nintendo-okie.com. I'd like to ask you about some graphic design stuff.
Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Deity Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi, I found a link to this site on a Zelda fan site. I currently live in Tulsa and thought I'd join.
Deity
Deity
Game Boy
Game Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Miller Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:49 pm

Hey Deity.

Welcome to the site. Which Zelda fansite did you find us linked from?
Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Deity Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:41 am

My bad, it wasn't a zelda fan site it was a nintendo fansite lol

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=161952
Deity
Deity
Game Boy
Game Boy

Back to top Go down

Who are you anyway? Empty Hiya!

Post  Mr. Shannon Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Hey there, I'm Shannon. I'm 22 and my wife and I live in Covington, TN. Ummm... I've been gaming since Donkey Kong Country on the SNES. I mostly enjoy handheld gaming now-a-days (I have Pokemon Yellow on my GB Color to thank for that). I'll go ahead and list my top five favorite games and I think that might be it for today.

1. Legend of Zelda - A Link to The Past (I prefer the GBA version on my Micro to be a bit more specific.)
2. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
3. Kingdom Hearts on PS2
4. No More Heroes (I haven't played 2 yet, but I do have it in my back-log for when I get the time.)
5. Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker

I have really enjoyed the site and podcast because of how you present the content in a clean and family appropriate way and I look forward to a good time on the forum as well.

Thank You.
Mr. Shannon
Mr. Shannon
Game Boy
Game Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Miller Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:39 am

Nice to meet you sir. Thanks so much for the kinda words about the podcasts. That was exactly the intent when we started the show. There are so many different shows out there that a family couldn't listen to together, but we really try our hardest to make sure everything on the site and the show is family friendly. I have four kids myself so I know how important that is.

The forums are a little slow right now, but we're working really hard to make them a place that people can come and hang out and talk about games. Slowly but surely we'll build that community up.

Thanks for checking us out and make sure you let your voice be heard. We love talking to the community and we want to make sure you guys are involved in everything we do.
Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Who are you anyway? Empty Welcome

Post  Gil Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:07 am

Mr. Shannon. I hope you enjoy this place. Of course please continue the gaming! pirat
Gil
Gil
Veteran
Veteran

http://mngilen.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Who are you anyway? Empty Jon (Down)

Post  Jon B Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Jon and I live in the middle of the desert of Arizona. It is hot here all the time therefore staying inside and playing video games in the AC is perfect stuff while going to school full time. I had a great time on Oct 22nd during the extra life marathon watching/chatting about gaming and the industry in general. I have tons of free time so I tend to play during most of it when I am not attempting to maintain relations with the g/f faction (thankfully she is a Captain in the PMS clan on Gears so she has to play as well).

I started playing video games at the ripe old age of 4 in 1980 with the Atari 2600 and the gaming craze began for me. Since then I have owned all the major release systems but the one that I have enjoyed the most is the..... /gasp PS3!!! I also have played MMO's like EverQuest (my first), WoW (still play that one), DnD, Guild Wars, Matrix Online (I thought Matrix Online was going to be life changing but nay, bummed me out), RyL, RIFT, SWG (looking forward to Star wars in Dec for sure) blah blah, enter rest of long list. I still have not broke down and played any F2P games but I do plan on trying out DCUO on the PS3 since it is now F2P so more to come on that one. As far as gaming nowadays goes I play everything I can on the PS3 besides the hardcore sports games (I miss the days of original Tecmo Bowl). I am starting to grow a bit tired of the FPS genre but I am a sucker for a high budget game so playing a full campaign and minimum 20 hrs of MP is a must for me. Pretty heavy into Arkham City atm, have Rage waiting to be played and GT5 is just a plain great time.

Besides all that I am looking forward to the majority of PS3 releases on the game calendar! It has been a great year for gaming! Thanks for reading all this boring stuff and if you want to know anything else please feel free to ask or shoot a friend invite on PSN!

Jon
x-X-Down-X-x (PSN)

**oh the "Down" name was created by a clan I was in on XBL - Back when Gears of War (1) was released I died LOTS and since it was execution I was down a lot Razz So that is what they called me ha-ha. Take it easy everyone and keep up the great work on the site and charity gaming!
Jon B
Jon B
Game Boy
Game Boy

Back to top Go down

Who are you anyway? Empty Welcome Jon

Post  Gil Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Enjoy the forums and enjoy the okie website. Fun stuff had by all. I agree it's a great PS3 release calendar. Problem is there isn't enough time for me to play all of them. Still have [PROTOTYPE], Vanquish and Dark Souls still sealed on the shelf. I have an insane pile of shame that I may never get to. Makes me sad. Used to be that I had all the time in the world but a limited budget. Finished every game I could get my hands on. Now I have too many games and no where near the time to finish ANY of them up. Boo I say! Sad
Gil
Gil
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Miller Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:52 pm

Welcome to the site Jon. We’re glad you were able to tune in for the Extra Life event. We hope we kept you pleasantly entertained. [=^)

Basically just enjoy chatting with everyone. We’re hear to have a good time, talk about everything that’s going on in this wacky hobby of ours. We’ll have debates, we’ll have discussions. We’ll agree to disagree sometimes. It’s all fun.

I have to say out of everything you said I enjoyed the Tecmo Bowl comment the best. I don’t think there has been a better sports game than Super Tecmo Bowl. I just recently downloaded an updated version of that and am playing it on my Wii (courtesy of the Homebrew Channel) that has all 32 teams with up to date rosters as of the beginning of the season. It just showed me how bad my Panthers were going to be this year.
Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Who are you anyway? Empty Tecmo Bowl

Post  Gil Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Does everyone love this game or what!? I loved that game and I hate sports games. Go figure. I think everyone that I know who still games knows about Tecmo Bowl and still references it from time to time. It's kinda like the Super Mario Brothers of the sports games. Everyone knows it. Even people who don't play games. Shocked
Gil
Gil
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Miller Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:14 pm

I think it can be argued that some form of Tecmo Bowl and Blades of Steel are two of the most popular sports games of all time. I would also put the early NFL Blitz games in that category, but I think Tecmo Bowl is remember more fondly.
Tony Miller
Tony Miller
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebula427 Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:33 pm

Howdy there, Jon. I had fun talking to you during Extra Life. I was the one playing Daisy and talking to you during the Mario Party game. Glad to see you here. Hopefully you enjoy the shenanigans.
Nebula427
Nebula427
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Who are you anyway? Empty I'm New

Post  BrandenFrasier Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Hey guys, My name is Branden.

I just got signed on with Nintendo Okie, many a thanks to everyone! Anyway, I'm looking forward to working with everyone and interacting with all of you on the forums.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.

BrandenFrasier
Game Boy
Game Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum